Why Digital Signage?
No matter what industry you are in, it is important to effectively communicate your product, service or information to your target audience. The next evolution in effective delivery of information is digital signage.
Some of the reasons why digital signage is becoming a compelling communication platform and fast replacing traditions mediums can be seen below:
- Control - Digital signage gives its owner the control of the medium. Control starting from when it should be switched on/off, what kind of messages should be displayed, when the messages should be displayed and priority of content etc.
- Dynamic - Digital signage is highly versatile medium that is customization friendly. The display orientation can be altered between horizontal and vertical, the display layout and message can be different on different screens, multi-zones on the screen that can be altered dynamically etc.
- Real-time - Information on the screen can be conceptualised and updated in real-time. This functionality makes it convenient to send emergency messages, on-the-spot promotions, welcoming of visitors and other such instances where the content needs to be changed urgently.
- Focussed - Digital signage provides for focussed targeting of content based on target audience, time of day, language, location and consumer aptitude.
- Attention-grabbing - Research shows that people respond best to moving images. Digital signage goes one step better and provides videos and audio in a pre-defined synchronicity to effectively induce viewers to consume and act on the message.
- Easy to use - Digital signage networks are very easy to understand, operate and use. Individuals with basic knowledge of computers and media can be easily taught to manage a digital signage system.
- Measurable - Advanced digital signage systems offers the feature that not only provides report on the content displayed but also provides measure of audience viewership by gender, age and content popularity.
- Cost-effective - Printed materials like static posters and banners are costly to replace over time, especially if you want your content to remain relevant and interesting to your audience. Going digital saves a step in the production process by going straight from the design phase to live display. No more dealing with the hassles and extra cost of last minute printing, shipping and insurance.
- Centralised - Control single or thousands of displays around the world from one remote/ centralised location ensuring quality, consistency and optimisation of resources to manage the digital signage network.
- Scalable - Start with a single or few displays and add on to the network as resources and communication objectives permit.