Quick Start Guide
Digital signage can sometimes be an enigma. This guide will simplify digital signage, channelize your thoughts and help you begin quickly and progress till take-off of your digital signage system through a easy to understand 9 step process.
THE BREAKTHRU DIGITAL - NINE STEP DIGITAL SIGNAGE QUICK START GUIDE
- Step 1 - Define the Objectives: Be clear about the purpose of your digital signage system. What is it expected to deliver? Who are target audience? Who will be the key-stakeholders? Parameters for evaluating its effectiveness. Who will evaluate it? and Who will manage it?
- Step 2 - Finalise your Display Screen: Finalise the number of display locations. The size of display. The type (LED/ LCD) of display. Should you go for TV or professional displays? Display resolution. Display orientation (horizontal/vertical), single display vs. multi-display matrix. indoor/ semi-outdoor/ outdoor displays. protective casing in unsecured locations etc.
- Step 3 - Choose the Digital Signage Software: Choosing the appropriate digital signage software would depend on the following... network connectivity (direct/ LAN/ WAN) for content scheduling, remote management capabilities, no. of displays to be managed, the tupe of content to be displayed, how many zones should you partition the template, interactive features required, reporting and analytic capabilities and other customised communication features required.
- Step 4 - Finalise the Media Player: The choice of media player would be dictated by the software, display resolution capabilities and content display quality that is sought. Some other key aspects to finalise are small form factor vs large form factor and whether the media player should be integrated into the display chassis or it is mounted externally.
- Step 5 - Decide on the accessories: Accessories would include things such as floor mount stands, wall/ceiling mounting kits, wifi module, powerful webcam, interactive overlay, wireless keyboard & mouse, vesa brackets, routers, modems & networking switch etc.
- Step 6 - Plan the NOC (Network Operations Center): NOC is the brain and nerve center of the digital signage system. The things to be finalised are computers systems (for scheduler, media server and content management) and Video wall for monitoring the remote displays
- Step 7 - Installation, Connectivity & Commissioning
- Step 8 - Content planning and creation: This will follow from the objectives defined in the first step above. The key to remember is that the content needs to be attractive, timely, relevant, engaging and up-to-date
- Step 9 - Content Scheduling and Network Operations: With this step your digital signage set-up is ready to take off and involves the process of scheduling content, ensuring that all the displays are running and the skill-set to monitor, update and trouble-shoot discrepancies in real-time